This week we have a special two part series about being a parent in Japan and navigating the transitions for families when children enter school in Japan or move to a new level of schooling.
In this episode you will hear:
- Considerations for choosing daycare or a kindergarten for your child
- The secret side entrances to kindergartens!
- How kindergarten can affect the start that kids have when they reach elementary school
- The private school decision and what it's like attending a "prep school" for private elementary school
- The difference between Tokyo ward and Tokyo city schools
Connect with the guests: