This week on the podcast I talk to Heidi Karino, a Japanese English Transcreation Specialist working with content marketing translation. Heidi came to Japan and pursued translation as a career, pivoted to copywriting, and ultimately became a transcreation specialist with the launch of Kotonoha Bloom.
Listen to the episode to hear about Heidi’s journey from the UK to Japan, her experiences in Japan studying and working, how she was drawn to the creativity she found in transcreation, and her advice for being more intentional in your decisions regarding your career and life.
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, we’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway. Take a screenshot of yourself listening to the episode on your device, post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag me and Heidi, @transformationswithjayne and @kotonohabloom
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Heidi came to Japan in the 90s
- Heidi’s work for the Oriental Land Company, the company that runs the Tokyo Disney Resort
- What transcreation is and how it differs from translation
- Advice on reassessing and transforming your career trajectory
- The community Heidi is building online for other Japanese English translators
Connect with Heidi:
Connect with Jayne:
PodLaunch with Jayne: https://www.jaynenakata.com/podcastconsulting